Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Still treading

I recently asked a girl in my residence hall how she found the energy to go out snorkeling for an hour at a time. I told her I've always wanted to go, but feel as if I'd drown after about 10 minutes. She reassured me that when you get tired, you just tread and float, viewing from the top...survive until you get your next wind to swim and inquire further.

I think her analogy for snorkeling may be mine for med school, except I feel as if I'm sinking a little lately. I have been getting five hours of sleep, which I used to be able to work on without a problem. On September 29 and 30, I have my first block exams. The two anatomy exams cover 10 lectures and 9 labs, the histology lecture covers 11 lectures and 2 labs, while the embryology block should be a breeze, only covering 5 lectures.

I start my studying at 7am, and end around midnight, with breaks for classes, coffee, and peanut butter and jelly. I took pictures Sunday, but unfortunately am having problems uploading them, and usually decide to sleep rather than play with my computer on getting them to work. So, they are to come :) This week I still have 6 extra hours of class (catching up from Gustav) plus lab all day Saturday. In case I don't write soon, I am alive and surviving, and even through the hecticness here, missing all of you. Keep me updated on news in the states.

1 comment:

schiraldie said...

Woo, thank you for blogging. I seriously check 10 times a day. Good job on the studying! I study that much every day too.

There's not a whole lot of newness in my life. I'm really close to booking one of our artists a show! I'm learning that I have mad business skills, I guess this whole college thing might pay off after all. I'm also networking like there's no tomorrow. I have Wed & Thurs nights off, so I usually go to shows with Carnival people and they introduce me to all kinds of people. I met Wade Bowen's and Luke Bryan's managers and the head of a big publishing company at a show last week amongst a lot of other cool industry people. The guys who work at Carnival love me because I'm the only intern who goes to shows with them and put up with them when they get shwasted. I hope mom doesn't see that. They introduce me as "the super intern." Woo hoo.

The Priz needs an oil change. I don't really have free time until next week, so she's just going to have to sound like she's got a sore throat for a few more days. The people in their Lexuses and Mercedes look at me funny, and I just smile at them and thank God I'm from a small town.

Whoa, I just wrote a whole blog basically.. but you asked what's going on here so there you go. I miss you loooots and lots.

Em
ps.. guess what a week from today is?!
pps.. you should go snorkeling
ppps.. download/listen on their myspace to "guievere" by the eli young band.. i'm obsessed.