
Hi everyone, I write to you from sunny Grand Cayman. My cousin, Kris has a blog, and my sister said that all she wants for Christmas is for me to blog as well. So, Merry Christmas Em.
I arrived Thursday, and I've having to conduct reality checks since. The island is beautiful, the sand is white and the ocean teal. There are palm trees everywhere. Our view from the room is the pool and gazebo. The photo above is a picture of my view on the plane coming into Cayman. While our campus is very small, the buildings are adequate and the professors seem knowledgeable and ready to help. At orientation, our class of just under 150 had several speeches like the Patch Adams "we're going to make doctors out of you" speech. A little cliche after the fourth time, but all the same I'm ready to put their words to reality.
In my first post, I'd just like to give a special thank you to my parents, Teresa and Frank. The sacrifices you have made are incredible, and I am so thankful to have such amazing parents.
I will write more on the island and what I have seen/done and want to see in the upcoming days. However, I do start medical school tomorrow and have a lot of reading to do! I plan on sending emails so people know I'm writing, but if you all could spread the word too that would be wonderful. Hope all is well back in the states.
4 comments:
I wanted to be your first commentator! Good luck with your first classes tomorrow and priest or no priest, watch out for those hurricanes!!
Love you,
mom
hi laur-
glad all's well...have you had a chance to swim in the ocean, or is it still churning? sat class! boo!
glad you're safe and hope you won't need those raincoats...
all's well here...missing summer, but school's ok.
study hard.
love you-
a.l.
Hey Laura!
The picture from the plane coming into the Islands was beautiful. I see those ships down there, and I was on one of those 2 years ago, probably right there in the port. Absolutely beautiful island. I also went to the Cayman Islands about 30 years ago when nothing was there! It was a scuba trip. From what I hear, there is even MORE beauty under the ocean. Hopefully you will have time to check that out.
Would love to get to the Cayman Islands again. Why don't you look into some sort of place where we could all stay together -- wouldn't it be great to have a Uttowana family reunion in the Cayman Islands?!!! We could call it Hurricane Garlic!!! HaHaHa!!!
Well, study hard and hurry up! Your aunts and uncles are getting old and every day we have new pains. We'll need a good doctor very soon!!
Love,
Aunt Vita
Woo. Merry Christmas to me! Shanks for the blogging! Now stop studying and go lay on the beach, you've probably got to get about 3 weeks of sun to catch up with me and old. Do people in Cayman listen to country music? I hope so, or that could be a lousy 18 months. Love you!
Post a Comment