Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A fresh start!

I have officially survived my first medical school exams, and am happy to report that I will not be coming home due to failing out after them. The days are like a blur, but the nervousness was ridiculous, and the exams exactly what my professors said they would be. I am very pleased with my scores, but I was hoping for those results after all the time I put into studying!

After our last exam yesterday, my friends and I bought a six pack and traveled across the street from campus to the beach. Two of the girls I was with hadn't even walked to the beach yet, had never seen the water. As we're standing in the ocean, my friend Shaz comes over the hill of sand, and says, "we lives here?!" Everyone laughed. Standing there with people from South Carolina, Florida, St. Louis, Michigan, Ohio, California, and the UK, no one really said anything, nothing had to be said. I wanted to pause everything-very very good moment on the island. Thanks to everyone in the states for all your instant messages, voicemails, emails, and away messages, I could hear you all cheering even with thousands of miles in between. I am way too lucky.

Today, was back to reality. After five minutes of talking about the exam, we started new lessons in histology and anatomy. Relaxation only lasts for a bit! Below, I finally have pictures from my first swim in the ocean. I can't believe its October already, happy birthday Janelle and Courtney Klee!!


1 comment:

tkowmomx4 said...

you look so muscular in that one picture!