This weekend, was one for the books. It reminded me just how much I will forever be in debt to Brockport, and my hometown for simply amazing friends.
Friday night I traveled to the famous city of Avon, NY. I shared a slice of pizza with the Lottes family, laughed at Warsaw wisecracks, and kidnapped their daughter Emily. We then traveled into the city of Rochester, where we met Alissa Chaney and Kim Becker for dinner. We ate a great sandwich and homemade beer cafe. We sat catching up, laughing, and reminiscing, until we realized that we were literally the last people in the restaurant, and all of the chairs were on the tables for closing all around us. We figured that was our key to leave. We then traveled to a bar where we met up with Jess Kovall, Val Parnell, and Andrea Mann. It was, Brockport heaven. Later that night, we said our goodbyes to a few and spent an hour or so dancing our hearts out at a night club. The next morning my friend Alissa reminded me just how fun my friends were, and I could do nothing but smile and agree.
Saturday morning after some shopping and diner food, Jess, Val, Ang, and I embarked on our surprise journey to South New Berlin, NY. This past Wednesday was our great friend Cassie's 24th Birthday. For weeks, if not a month, she has been inviting us down to her house, outside of Binghampton. Over, and over, and over, we have lied, saying we were busy, the whole time planning a surprise with her boyfriend, Derrick. Her face was absolutely priceless as we popped out behind some parked cars in her driveway Saturday afternoon. Even more priceless, was around 9 that evening when Jamie West and her boyfriend Justin showed up. Cass was, very happy-and I think we all felt the surprise may have been just as good for us.
Yesterday, I attended my friend Nichole's wedding shower. Sitting next to my mom, and being with my three best friends from high school was the best. It is crazy to think that a girl I have so many funny memories with for 6 years of high school, and a few years of college will be walking down the isle the day after I'm finished with my rotation in Baltimore. I can't wait!
It was, a wonderful weekend. I feel absolutely blessed to have the friends in my life I do. Next weekend will be scattered with friends and a large dose of family. Can't wait :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment