Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another week down!

I can't believe how fast the weekends come and go. Daylight savings didn't mean any extra hours of sleep (Cayman does not participate in daylight savings), although I did get almost 10 hours both nights! I spent a lot of time (almost 11 hours) getting a lot of great studying done yesterday, and spent a good chunk of today studying for my exams coming up this week and next. Studying has been exhausting, but I still feel lucky to be so close to home, and even better, to my board exams. I am hoping by May 1st to be Step1 free.

While leaving is beginning to creep in, there are bittersweet parts. Thursday night, I took a study break for ice cream with my friend Sajitha. While the ice cream was good, her company is irreplaceable, and I will never be able to underestimate the happiness a great conversation can bring. Friday night, I watched the sunset with miss Shazia Siddiqui. Both these girls, and many of my closest friends have been set back by difficult classes and family circumstances, and won't be leaving the island in April. It is hard to think of life here, or home, without them an ice cream cone or sunset away. I am forever grateful to God for giving me these girls to keep me going through two of the craziest years of my life.

1 comment:

tkowmomx4 said...

FYI: We LOST an hour last weekend.
Say hi to Sajitha and Shazia for me. I miss them both!!